With a combination of creativity and deep technical expertise, Aspen Primary Casualty succeeds in crafting specialized solutions to insure your most challenging exposures.
Through innovation, best-in-class service, transparency and a disciplined underwriting approach, we are strategically positioned to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our trading partners and insureds.
Aspen’s U.S Primary Casualty underwriters are strategically positioned around the country to capitalize on local relationships and to understand the regional nuances for a wide array of risk. We are a dedicated wholesale only operation and strive to support and partner with our brokers. We are experts in the E&S space, and we pride ourselves on our abilities to offer creative solutions and to be opportunistic in a difficult marketplace.
Our 8 highly experienced underwriters have a combined expertise of more than 200 years. Our understanding of various market cycles allows us to underwrite risk from multiple vantage points and create flexible, customized and creative solutions.
When brokers and insureds are faced with challenging or unique exposures to insure, it is imperative that they partner with a carrier who truly understands the risk and how to provide meaningful coverage. With our expert underwriters, dedicated loss control and responsive claims management, Aspen provides a thoughtful and collaborative approach to risk, understands the nuances of each risk and is able to provide creative solutions for unique and challenging exposures.
Head of U.S. Primary Liability
- Commercial General Liability – Claims-Made or Occurrence
- Products/Completed Operations – Claims-Made or Occurrence
- Liquor Liability Coverage – included with CGL
- Annual Coverage or Project Term Coverage – up to 60 months
- Discontinued Coverage – up to 36 months
Limits and Attachments
- $1 million/$2 million/$2 million up to $2 million/$4 million/$4 million
- Per Project/Per Location Aggregates with Cap
- Aggregate Reinstatements – subject to underwriting criteria
- Guaranteed Cost, Deductibles or SIRs – Aggregates available
- Defense inside or outside the limits
- Generally $50,000 (can vary based on limits, attachments and class of business)
Risk Appetite & Underwriting Philosophy
- Target risks with gross sales of $5 million – $2 billion
- Moderate to High Hazard risks with measurable exposures, existing loss control and/or risk management procedures in place
- Severity loss potential preferred over frequency
Manufacturers, Wholesale/Retail, Importers
- Mechanical, Electrical, Engines, Turbines, Pipes, Tubes, Valves and Compressors
- Industrial Machinery Equipment and Parts including Material Handling
- Non-Invasive Medical Devices
- Non-Critical Automobile Parts
- Plastic or Rubber goods
- Sporting Goods and Exercise Equipment
- Retail/Wholesale – Grocery, Department, Home Improvement
- Annual Practice – General Contractors or Specialized Trade Contractors, repair or remodelling on both commercial and residential structures
- Project Specific – General Contractors, Developers and Owners Interest – project focus on new commercial structures, Type 1 (concrete and steel), residential structures in non CD States
- Commercial Owners and Managers, including mixed use
- Residential Managers and Owners – Apartments and Condos
- Public Entity – Park Districts, Prisons, excluding all professional
Hospitality (including Liquor)
- Casinos, Neighborhood Lounges, Bars and Taverns
- Hotels and Conference Centres
Special Events Services/Miscellaneous
- Unique exposures and operations