With an extensive array of coverage types and occupancy classes the Aspen U.S Property team are driven by their responsive underwriting approach. As well as their expertise in adapting and crafting specialized solutions to challenging risk exposures.
Our experienced, knowledgeable and innovative approach to underwriting means the Aspen U.S Property team will always strive to answer your tough E&S insurance questions.
Aspen U.S Property operates from 4 offices – Atlanta, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles and offer regional, local and nationwide expertise for all U.S based locations. Our offering is a dedicated wholesale only operation, working closely with our broker partners. Aspen write’s primary and excess on nearly every class of business, including CAT capacity in critical wind and earthquake zones as well as flood. At Aspen, we pride ourselves on our abilities to offer creative solutions in a difficult marketplace.
Aspen U.S Property offers reliable capacity, strong underwriting knowledge and a network of underwriters who are collaborative and inventive in their approach to insurance. From habitational to retail to recycling and woodworking, we offer meaningful capacity.
Senior Vice President, Head of U.S. Open Market Property & DUA
Coverage (Forms and Limits)
- ISO Forms
- Manuscript forms and endorsements tailored for specific risks
- $25 million maximum limit
- $2.5 – $5 million max in critical CAT PML
- Minimum deductible – $5,000
- Minimum premium – $30,000
- Commercial offices
- Hotels and resorts
- Retail stores and restaurants
- Public entities (municipal, government, schools, universities)
- Apartments and condominiums
- Manufacturing (light to high hazard)
- Rail and infrastructure (Excluding class 1)
- Large national accounts
- Vacant buildings
- Recycling Operations
- CAT-driven property exposures
- Deductible buybacks for wind, flood, earthquake
- Difference in conditions coverage for earthquake, flood, or wind
- Coverage specifications, including desired layering, target pricing, expiring carrier and premium information, and other appropriate background information
- Description of properties, including all COPE information, process hazards, and specific underwriting issues affecting coverage(s) requested
- Policy wording including underlying policy wording for excess placements
- Current Statement of Values (electronic format compatible with RMS)
- Minimum three (preferably five) year loss history including carrier hard copy loss runs
At Aspen, we use our market intelligence and flexibility to seek out and bring real value to specialist markets, and we look for the same qualities in our Program Business partners.
Target programs are between $5 million and $50 million in premium with predicatable loss ratios.
We seek programs with market differentiation – a proven competitive advantage in one or more of the following areas (other than price):
- Underwriting Expertise
- Customized Coverage Products
- Specialized Services including Claims and/or Loss Control
- Distribution Channel
We look to partner with established ‘turnkey’ agencies with robust IT platforms able to rate, quote and issue business on behalf of Aspen. Regardless of your distribution model, our Programs team is always available to assist you with underwriting queries and provide guidance to help your program grow. We will work hard to develop and maintain excellent working relationships focused on delivering solutions of mutual benefit, with tailored compensation rates that reward success.
Lines of business
- Monoline Property
- Inland Marine
- General Liability
The Binding Authority operation within U.S. Property focuses on Wholesale Brokers and MGAs that have specific expertise in both geographic and occupancy class underwriting.
We partner with administrators who have market intelligence and long-term experience, where an exclusive arrangement gives them access to Aspen capacity on a mutually agreed, broad range of SIC codes that are within appetite, with a focus on Small Commercial business.
Our preference is Premium volumes of $1 million to $10 million. Start-ups are less desirable.